Seminar on Collaborative Innovation – Universities, Enterprises and Capital Risk
Under the auspices of the Minister of Education and Higher Education, the seminar was jointly organized by the Université Libano-Française (ULF) and the Beirut Research and Innovation Center (BRIC) and in collaboration with the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF). The seminar was also supported by the Swiss Embassy in Lebanon and the French Institute of Lebanon.
Innovation has become an essential lever of national and economic competitiveness. Collaborative innovation is an alternative way of bringing together players from different sectors and know-how from different horizons, while limiting costs and spreading risks. However, this type of approach requires the adoption of an open, transparent and de-compartmentalized culture, while guaranteeing intellectual property rights.
In France, collaborative innovation benefits from the support of the State through various mechanisms. What about Lebanon? Is its socio-political context conducive to the development of these collaborations?
Lebanon is endowed with a few incubators, accelerators, fabrication labs (Fab Labs), timid links between universities and companies (often through individuals), an innovative embryonic research infrastructure and a timid culture of respect for intellectual property. In this context, how can collaborative innovation be implemented and promoted?
The objective of this seminar was to examine the opportunity of collaborative innovation to enable the Lebanese ecosystem to overcome its weaknesses and inadequacies, to boost innovation in a sustainable manner and to anchor it in the economic landscape.
Collaborative Innovation: A new paradigm for the Lebanese ecosystem? Presented by Dr. Hassan Ghaziri, Director of the Beirut Research and Innovation Center (BRIC)
Peut-on innover à plusieurs? Quelle place pour l’innovation dans les relations industriel-entrepreneur-universitaire-banquier? Comment concilier coopération, confidentialité et propriété intellectuelle? Quels sont les risques?
Moderated by Sybille Rizk, Editor-in-Chief of Commerce du Levant
• Sylvie Cogneau, Innovation Development Manager, International and University Division, BPIFrance
• Charbel Nassar, Lecturer at the Lebanese University, Attorney-at-Law, Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee at the Lebanese Bar Association
• Salam Yamout, Internet Society, Regional Director for the Middle East
• Samir Nahhas, Tripoli Special Economic Zone
Qu'est-ce que l'innovation collaborative? Pourquoi rencontre-t-elle un succès grandissant? Quelle structure choisir pour développer un projet commun avec une autre entité?
Moderated by Dr. Hassan Ghaziri, Director of BRIC
• Krystel Khalil, Head of Communication and Outreach, Expert in Open and Social Innovation, Berytech
• Ahmad Al Rafhi, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering at the ULF
• Halim Chouéri, Co-founder and Manager of Hbr S.A.R.L Creative Platform
• Gihad Bitar, Responsable of Smart ESA
For more information, visit ULF’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ULF-Clemenceau-437209256477166/posts/?ref=page_internal